sunset from behind the wire

sunset from behind the wire

Thursday, July 30, 2009

Encountering Iran

Iran is a country run by a rational shadow government which managed against all odds to influence/control the bulk of Iraq (due to US bungling), Palestine, and bring considerable influence to the Gulf States and Egypt. More recently the Shiite Muslims have been able to defeat the Israeli Army in Lebanon.

Accurate accounts of Shiite atrocities, such as raping virgins who protest the government before they execute them blast across the headlines, accounting atrocities that are unthinkable to us. How do we reconcile any constructive engagement with a nation steeped in such barbarous practices?

The west has two choices: END dependence on oil from the Middle East, or find a way to deal effectively with Iran - and by that I do not advocate a war.

America has its first Muslim President, Brarack Hussein Obama. What has he done except to play the clown to the Saudis and to Iran (the two big players in the Oil Game in the Middle East)? Fellow Muslims in the Middle East consider American Black Muslims to be somewhat of a goof - so he may wish to play the Muslim card, but nobody there cares.

Iran holds 55% of the world's oil reserves under its soil and 17 million barrels of crude sail through the Straits of Hormuz every single day. "Nuke their ass and steal their gas" won't work, and the Iranian leadership knows it. When I refer to their leadership, I don't include Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who is at best a figurehead, wielding very little real power inside Iran.

So how do we play the game? What do you think?

5 comments:

  1. hi i am here so interested on your article. i will pro your blog every day and make you earn money every my visit. ok?
    But you promised go my blog too to earn me money everyday. We are here just share idea and the most point is money , right?
    So that's it , we help each other make profit from our best hard working and now just wait to help people earn money.
    Pls leave your comment on my site and help me $$$$$

    www.adsense-earning-cash.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't earn money on my blog - I don't subscribe to ad sense.

    However I'll visit your blog and see what you have to say.

    What do you think about Iran?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think War is the answer but I do believe that more pressure needs to be put on Iran by Obama and foreign figureheads to stop their nuclear program. I do think that we need to take advantage of our resources inside the U.S. and drill for oil. We also need to find an alternative to oil as well. Unfortunately, I think most heads-of-state think that Obama is a joke, or a clown so I don't know how may countries we could have on board for any initiative Obama starts regarding Iran.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iran is a tough issue. We do indeed need to wean ourselves off of oil dependence. And use more American oil. But also find a way to deal with Iran. But I don't know how to make that happen. It would be nice if they would treat their people with dignity.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Iran is going to be a problem in relation to Iraq from what I can gather - it would seem that overtures are being made between both governments and once Iraq have got rid of all the troops it will be interesting to see what happens. The British have already been sent out of Iraq into Kuwait because an agreement to train Iraqi forces has lapsed and doesn't look like it's going to be renewed.

    ReplyDelete

It's virtual - it's a mirage - it's life