sunset from behind the wire

sunset from behind the wire

Monday, August 10, 2009

Pelosi attacks us as un-American

Who the heck to do you think you are, Nancy? The last time I looked, you took an oath to support and defend the Constitution of the United States. Furthermore you are a REPRESENTATIVE (look at the name plate on your desk, perhaps it will refresh your recollection). Who do you think you represent? And since when is making one's voice heard "un-American"?

I'm one of those who make my voice heard. I am an American. I served my nation under arms during several small and large wars in COMBAT. I was decorated for heroism. I was commissioned an officer by Congress. I worked as a police officer. My ENTIRE LIFE has been devoted to government service, most of it IN HARM'S WAY. I take offense at your characterization of me and people like me who exercise their First Amendment Rights as "un-American".

The Public pays your salary. They contribute to your retirement. They pay for your executive jet and for all your expenses. They do this so you will REPRESENT THEM and ME. Have you read your job description recently?

Maybe you've lived the life of a vainglorious politician long enough. Maybe we need to work to replace you with somebody who won't be afraid to listen to us. Don't worry. You'll still have a job as a talking head on MSNBC or one of the state-run media networks. And you'll have your Congressional pension to live on.

Representative Pelosi - I thank you for your service to this country and I think it's time you find another job.

10 comments:

  1. Do you think the loons in San Francisco will vote her out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. San Francisco would only dump her if she actually did something they couldn't stomach... like protecting the rights of a fetus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. San Francisco has an aging population. AIDS is one of those diseases that requires expensive medical care. Once the gays and the gray wolves understand what she wants to do to THEM, it might not play well. Under healthcare rationing, San Francisco would he hit HARD.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I second every single part of this post. It astonishes me that someone can so clearly be so firmly against the principals this country was founded on, yet repeatedly get re-elected.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is definitely time for Pelosi to find another line of work. What really pisses me off is that Pelosi and Hoyer are a bunch of hypocrites. It was okay for citizens to show dissent and protest against the Iraq war, but according to them, its Un-American for conservatives to protest against Obamacare. Obamacare = death care in my book. It is against both the elderly and handicapped. It is well within our rights as Americans to express our discontent and outrage against this disaster of a bill. That is called FREEDOM OF SPEECH.

    ReplyDelete
  6. EXACTLY what I have been saying all along..Great Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. If anyone is un-American, it's Pelosi. The trouble with political families is that they come to believe that they are born to rule - like some kind of monarchy.

    They are out of touch and couldn't care less because they make the laws which, too often, don't apply to them.

    Don't let them destroy your constitution. I wish we had one like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I must agree wholeheartedly. I believe the health care train wreck will be her undoing insofar as ripping that gavel out of her hands in 2010. But I won't stop there. I'd like to see her out of congress. Many would. Any time special interest politicians try to make laws which force other constituencies to pay for programs that benefit -by priority- their own districts first, they beg for trouble from those other voters. I think Ms. Pelosi will understand much better when she is shown the door.

    ReplyDelete

It's virtual - it's a mirage - it's life