sunset from behind the wire

sunset from behind the wire

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Police Dispatchers

One of the more stressful jobs and certainly one of the more unappreciated ones is that of police dispatcher.

They receive hysterical telephone calls from the public requiring translation of screams into facts so that officers responding to calls for service have some idea of what they're getting into.

Whether it's an early childbirth, an automobile accident, a robbery in progress or a domestic dispute, they hear what it is that we the public have to say and try to deal with it as best they can.

video

Sometimes it's a medical aid and they ask you, the citizen, to help diagnose the problem...

4 comments:

  1. I knew the joke was coming. I was determined not to laugh. Dammit, you still got me. That video is a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard 9-1-1 calls and realized just how tough the job is. I can't imagine having to listen to what they have to listen to.

    I started laughing even before the shot was fired because I knew what was about to happen. Hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree, predictable, but still funny.

    ReplyDelete

It's virtual - it's a mirage - it's life