sunset from behind the wire

sunset from behind the wire

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Labor Day Weekend Aircraft Review

One of the most adaptable aircraft I know of was the British DeHavilland Mosquito


There is nothing but grace, power and beauty in the North American P-51 Mustang, said by most to be the best all around fighter aircraft of the Second World War.







AC-130 - Afghanistan film

The Douglas A-1 Skyraider was the Apex single prop ground attack aircraft. Call sign "Sandy", they operated effectively in Korea and Viet Nam.







P-38 vs German railroads




AH-64 ground support/sniper suppression. 

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I always wanted my own P-51D, but I was born good looking instead of rich...

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I decided to look at a few gun camera videos, trying to decide which ones to include and ended up spending about two hours.

      Delete
  3. Great plane pron! Not so great with the last one, it's obviously a video game with voice over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I slid that one in for the heck of it.

      Delete
  4. Love em, and the P-38 one was interesting, not a single burst over a second long. That was a pro at work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - great stick, rudder and gun work. Wouldn't want to be up against him in an ME-109.

      Delete

It's virtual - it's a mirage - it's life