sunset from behind the wire

sunset from behind the wire

Monday, February 16, 2015

710

In honor of Woodsterman...proud purveyor of blonde jokes.



A few days ago a friend was having some work done at the local garage when a blonde came in and asked for a seven-hundred-ten.

They all looked at each other and another customer asked, 'What is a seven-hundred-ten?'

She replied, 'You know, the little piece in the middle of the engine, I have lost it and need a new one.'

She explained that she did not know exactly what it was, but this piece had always been there.

The mechanic gave her a piece of paper and a pen and asked her to draw what the piece looked like.

She drew a circle and in the middle of it wrote 710.

He then took her over to a car just like hers which had its hood up and asked, 'Is there a 710 on this car?'

She pointed and said, 'Of course, it’s right there.'



19 comments:


  1. The only reason I haven't done this is because I use a European seven...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're just too cool...and we all know that. Thank heavens for a 'crossed seven'.

      Delete
    2. All kidding aside, Brig is likely even a better mechanic than I am.

      Delete
    3. No, I'm quite serious there. Brig (normally armed with a Walther .22 and a cattle prod) is not somebody to trifle with.

      Delete
  2. I'd forgotten about the useful European Seven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shamefully, I use the "German 7" as well.

      Delete
  3. Strange note, I also use the European seven. But I didn't get the joke at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. I caution you against stealing your motor oil from the refuse barrels out behind the greasy spoon restaurants in Truckee.

      Delete
  5. I would gather that this is not an unknown assumption.

    ReplyDelete
  6. not her fault that the cap manufacturers printed it upside down. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blonde lady is doing her best to keep her car running.

      Delete
  7. Ha! Bless her. I am now going to start referring to my oil cap as a 710. Brilliant.
    Great picture! It's amazing how eco cars are becoming ;P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have dedicated the blonde joke to you...

      Delete

It's virtual - it's a mirage - it's life