sunset from behind the wire

sunset from behind the wire

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Back to Writing


I've laid off writing longer than I intended to, and now, I'm back at it. For those of you who read this blog from time to time, I'm crafting my first Science Fiction novel length story. I'm a bit more than half way through with the end written, the beginning written and some of the flesh hanging to the bones in the middle.



HALF  LIFE 

Tag Line: Its beautiful when you find someone that is in love with your mind. You experience a type of epiphany when that someone wants to undress your conscience and make love to your thoughts and watch you slowly take down all the walls you’ve built up – and let them inside.

I credit the return to creativity to the motorcycle that I'm climbing on these days whenever I need to get away from the moment and need to think. I'm covering the triviality of that experience on the Ducati Diavel blog. But it goes a lot deeper than just sitting on 162 horsepower of flat black raw machine presence. For those of you who think me crazy for riding the bike, you may well be right. However, riding brings a clarity that I've been lacking. Particularly that literary clarity that has been eluding me.

On Science Fiction: I am trying to avoid the traditional value of a melodramatic space opera or of bloody fanged aliens attempting to wipe out humanity. Good science fiction is usually about humanity rather than deep space or death rays. My hope is to pitch my literary tent next to well-written science fiction that harkens back to the golden age of Heinlein, Clark and Asimov.

The proof is in the reading.

And if you're not going to buy what I wrote, at least buy Jack (WoFat) Willoughby's books about police work on New Orleans' mean streets.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I'm pimping you, WoFat. What more can I say.

      Delete
  2. I've always regarded the Anglican Communion as a kind of sci-fi novel, but I'm biased in favor of the genre.

    Look forward to the book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cast of characters in the C of E would fit in the original Star Wars bar scene on Tantooine.

      Delete
  3. Very nice, I'll volunteer to alpha read. :-) And I'll go by WoFat's books. Didn't know he had any out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will take you up on the alpha read.

      Delete
  4. Love the tag line. Very beautiful to find that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's difficult to find that. Which makes the story compelling, I hope.

      Delete
  5. The cover looks nice. Hot Radioactive Girl or Radioactive Hot Girl on the cover???? Hmmmm .... something to ponder while I wait for the release!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting girl... that's all you'll get out of me until the story's released.

      Delete

It's virtual - it's a mirage - it's life