sunset from behind the wire

sunset from behind the wire

Friday, October 16, 2015

Friday Wrap-Up

Electronic-Mail

A friend of mine who lurks on this blog, seldom commenting, and then only as "anonymous" -- you know who you are, texted me that they were visiting the home of my best friend. I replied, "Coronado, CA"? The reply came back, burning up electrons, "No, Chicago..." I corrected, "Nairobi"...

The weeks fly by, don't they, anonymous. Good times in the past, weren't they?

It's Friday

I begin my new Hollywood job in earnest next week, and I'm possibly looking forward to it far more than the job warrants. 

Politics

The US President is a smug narcissist who is very dangerous. While I am not now suggesting and have never suggested that we invade Syria and fight yet another land war in Asia - pouring blood and treasure down a rat hole - he is clearly provoking another Cold War. 

Hillary Clinton, author of the disastrous Arab Spring policy, wants to be the next president. Based on the debate they just had, all that she really is promising is to be a woman. But is she even that? Maybe it's best to ask husband, Bill... and leave the matter to rest there.

There is value to cold wars, I guess, so long as nobody lights off a nuclear weapon by accident. The Military Industrial Complex provides jobs for the middle class and it will possibly be ramping up  again. 

It's very difficult for a nation to buy bullets and butter at the very same time (historically). Obama will continue to buy votes as will his Party, but many in the US sense a potential shift in the politics as his (loyal?) opposition has rejected the political hacks and the non-political class leads in the primary polls.



And for us all, cares of the world aside, there is the weekend ahead!  And Ducati-friendly weather.



22 comments:

  1. Hilly is one of those who think that when "they" take over, she'll be allowed to continue.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, for one, and I am just one, feel that the American public's patience has been sorely tried by seven disastrous years with Obama in charge. In the Dem debate Hillary said that the only difference between she and Obama is gender. That is disturbing.

      Delete
  2. Maybe our new Syria strategy of paradropping 100s of tons of guns and ammo into the middle of nowhere will succeed.

    I wish they'd start doing that in Texas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like a winner to me.

      Delete
    2. I'm not suggesting that they air drop the guns and ammo ON my house (treating me like an Afghan hospital), but the Muslim neighbor's house might be the ticket. I just need to get in and haul away my stuff (marked with a red X on air-drop pallets) before the authorities arrive.

      Delete
    3. I would suggest that only unloaded weapons be dropped.

      Delete
    4. That's profound wisdom, WoFat.

      Delete
  3. Weekend weather in Chicago is not fit for Ducatis, or any other fun machine: first frost of the season, and I looked at the thermometer on my deck this morning - 28 degrees.

    Highs in the low 50's. Perfect weather for watching the Cubs win tonight on the road in NY, inside with the heater blowing. Ah, to live in that wonderful 80's in LA, with the minor exception of those Grapevine mudslides. The video on that was God awful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I live in a better part of the LA Basin, where they vote R, not that far from the Beach but far enough that tsunamis won't take me. And there are no mud slides. - - endless summer. If you can't wear shorts and a t-shirt at midnight in complete comfort outside, it's bitter cold.

      Delete
    2. A quarter acre and a large house add to the comfort with a nice pool and yard. I'm impossibly spoiled, Fredd.

      Delete
    3. Yes, LL. Yes you are. It must be awesome to be you. I'll bet when the pool temp dips below 84 degrees, and you have to turn on the pool heater, you fly into a rage. Oh the indignity....

      Delete
    4. Uh, yes. Why would you jump into water that is colder than tepid bath water? I'm considering adding the job of pool water testing to the chores allocated to the "bunny downstairs". The "bunny upstairs" can check the jacuzzi temp in the master bathroom...life can be so very complicated.

      Delete
  4. Funny how people, including me, value their anonymity. Question is, how anonymous are we really?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's almost impossible to live completely off the grid in the "lower 48". I think that it may still be possible in Alaska, but you have to accept a lot of things such as no power, barter instead of "money" and you must squat on land that is not your own.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Bambi and Leather...and that's all I have to say on that matter.

      Delete
  6. "Nairobi, Ma'am. 'Aint everybody?".....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that The One returns there, to his roots, as soon as he leaves office, taking Michelle and the rest of his lemmings with him.

      Delete
  7. Reminds me of a Ray Price song! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray Charles: Hit the Road, Jack:

      Hit the road Jack and don't cha come back
      No more no more no more no more
      Hit the road Jack and don't cha come back
      No more

      What'd you say?

      Delete
    2. I was thinking of another song..."for the good times"

      Delete
  8. Great slogans up there. Ooh look! I'm under "anonymous"

    ReplyDelete

It's virtual - it's a mirage - it's life