sunset from behind the wire

sunset from behind the wire

Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Jeb! Can Fix It!

Reminds me of Jeb!
Have you ever been mildly assaulted by somebody who wanted attention but you were not in the mood to care? (see left)

That' how I feel about Jeb! Bush and his pathetic attempt to show that (a) he's competent; (b) he's an outsider; (c) he deserves public office. And all that he does is convince me that he is neither a, b or c. His commercial ads are much like the bum begging for a hand-out at a freeway on-ramp. I'm almost tempted to send him $10 if it would mean that he'd go away.
An outsider? Father was president and brother was president...some outsider. He's in the same boat as Hillary.
Maybe I'd give him $20 if he promised to leave - in a public setting with cameras rolling to hold him to it. But that's not going to happen now that he's involved in his fourth or fifth re-set with his highly paid mainstream handlers telling him what the public wants to see: "Jeb can fix it!" Really? That's all he's got? That's all the pepper that he can put on the baseball?

Jeb reminds me of the kid in high school that was talking to (another) nerdy girl and you walked up and pulled his pants down to his ankles. He's that guy. His response would be to say, "Curse you." because he didn't want to say the "F word". You could pants him now if you didn't have a heart or conscience. It would be like beating up on a gentle farm animal. Still--> Metaphorically it happens to him every day now that he's made it clear in a weird sort of way that he wants to be leader of the free world.

On the bright side, he is capturing 5-7% based on polling. On the bad side, most of those people are selecting him as a preference because of his brother or his father -- or they are Republican Beltway types, who feel that they would financially benefit from another Bush in the White House. Jeb! should take no solace from the fact that his supporters form sort of a Democratic Party style chum line, expecting to get something in return for fawning over Jeb! even though he's incompetent.

If you gave me a couple hundred million dollars, even I could run for president and get 5-7% with no name recognition. I'd have to get into the game by publicly calling Hillary Clinton a Lesbian slut and traitor or something, but I could do it by following Trump's lead. They're not facts that Hillary is likely to dispute.

Jeb! hates Trump because he felt that he was pre-anointed to be the next president. Almost an entitlement. However based on the last debate the only thing that he showed any passion for was Fantasy Football (a gambling scheme). 

Jeb! needs to drop out and let somebody that America wants take his 5-7%. He's a rich kid and can go back to the country club where the other sixty-something fat cats can commiserate with his loss. Maybe somebody will give up an early tee time to help assuage his grief?

UPDATE:

Change that 5-7% to 3-5%. The new polls show a slide even though he reinvented himself with the slogan "Jeb! can fix it!!".

28 comments:

  1. I thought you weren't blogging for a while? I'd happily give you a couple of hundred million dollars (if I had it) to see you run. That would be very interesting indeed.

    So, how much will you pay me to sod off?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slow for Nov., not nonexistent blogging. If I run, for dictator of the planet, you can handle my UK campaign.

      Delete
    2. Quite frankly, Jules, if I did get a couple hundred million dollars to run for president, I'd find a tropical island without an extradition treaty and go there to live out my days. Politics and all be damned.

      Delete
    3. Can I come? I'll bring real ales and triple fried chips?

      Delete
    4. Will you be wearing one of those coconut brasiers and a grass hula skirt?

      Delete
    5. Of course, Larry. I'm up for any challenge, you know that.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. You KNOW that he'd scare the crap out of the Russians and Chinese.

      Delete
  3. I cannot believe he has gotten this far. But then the MSM will try to hype him because they believe the Hilderbeast can beat him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also think that it makes them feel less radical if Bush is the opposition to their love for Ms Cankles.

      Delete
  4. I'd forgotten all about "Jeb" until this post. Who is he again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jeb! (you must have missed the exclamation point)

      Delete
    2. I know that you'd vote for him if he made Michael Curry the Vice President.

      Delete
  5. Jeb, conservatives stopped liking you since you were neutered.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jeb is the last guy I want to see out of our stable of GOP contenders assume the Oval Office.

    Based on my track record, looks like he will get the nod. His brother Dubya was the last guy I wanted to see win the 2000 primary (I was a Phil Gramm guy). John McCain was the last guy I wanted to see get the 2008 slot. Mitt was the last guy I wanted to see in 2012. (just FYI, I voted for all of these guys, but had to hold my nose going into the voting booth).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wondered who the Jonah was. Now I know.

      Delete
  7. eees pronounce "Yeb!", no Jeb get eeeet rite!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The low information voters will go for the yellow dog with a vagina. The GOP elite will console themselves with, "Well, we lost but we kept our principals". We need to bring back the OWL Party.
    https://www.sos.wa.gov/legacyproject/timeline_event.aspx?e=62

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Throw-the-bums-Out party is very popular these days. Naturally, those who lap at the trough are not amused. They might have to get an actual job requiring actual work, and that just won't do, in their eyes.

      Delete
  9. Haysus Swavas would not save Yeb, and for that I am thankful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's dropped yet again to somewhere around 3%. I still have yet to meet anyone personally who thinks that Jeb! is a good idea. Who does cow country favor these days? I know that you daren't wear that belt buckle in public.

      Delete
    2. We cow country, gun clinging, back of beyond conservatives are leaning toward Cruz-Fiorina.
      LOL I only flash the belt buckle when Dad's cousin (DemocRat party organizer) comes to visit... just to watch his head spin...

      Delete
    3. It will be interesting to see how things all spin out. I can tell you one thing, I would hate to run for President (or for any political office for that matter). I think that I was born 50 years too late.

      Delete

It's virtual - it's a mirage - it's life