sunset from behind the wire

sunset from behind the wire

Monday, January 4, 2010

Interpol and Diplomatic Immunity

Background CLICK HERE 


DISCLAIMER: I have no idea why Obama granted Interpol diplomatic immunity in the United States. I am not an apologist for Barack Hussein Obama or for his administration or for its consistently strange policies.

Interpol doesn't need diplomatic immunity.

There is a lot of confusion about what Interpol is and isn't. Interpol, whose full name is the International Criminal Police Organization – INTERPOL, is an organization facilitating international police cooperation. It was established as the International Criminal Police Commission in 1923 and adopted its telegraphic address as its common name in 1956.

In 2008, the Interpol General Secretariat employed a staff of 588 (in Lyon, France) representing 84 member countries. Its membership of 188 countries provides finance of around $59 million through annual contributions. The organization's headquarters are in Lyon, France. In the photo (below) taken inside the General Secretariat you'll me standing at right.



So why the change in status? 
I am perplexed.

10 comments:

  1. As has been previously suggested, Obama may not have the faintest idea what he's doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very strange. I'm stumped. . . but then so is Obama, in his job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Under Barack Hussein Obama, it's "diplomatic impunity" and nothing else.

    He'd like to sell us off to the blue-helmets, but I think the backlash is gonna be tremendous. "Interpol" and the "World Court" are useless tools which at the very least should be at the bottom of the toolbox or sold on fleabay. Drugs flow across borders like water, just as dirty money and terrorists do. Surrendering our sovereignty isn't gonna make a dent in any of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, this does make me feel better! Thanks for posting it, LL. I do wonder, though, why make the change? And is it really even a change?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know either if it's really something to worry about, but it is odd, at least. Please read my comment to Fuzzy under my article What is Obama up to now? An Oathkeeper/army major responded in his words to this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks LL, I didn't know much about INTERPOL. Sounds like Obama doesn't either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice pic!

    I hope this turns out to be nothing. But forgive me if I don't trust Obama at all.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's always the possibility that Obama wants Interpol to quietly do the dirty work in his war on terrorism. I doubt it, though.

    Everything about this administration is too damned secretive and oppressive. I'm with Opie. I don't trust them at all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Obama believes if he just tones down the rhetoric against terrorist, they will stop. The "underwear" bomber proves that strategy does not work.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well posted LL. When I was showing folks around New Scotland Yard in the early 70`s I would pointing to the telex machine in the corner of a tiny office and say, "and that, ladies and gentlemen, is INTERPOL. No shifty Frenchmen in leather jackets, no crashing through frontier checkpoints in a big black Mercedes Benz being machine-gunned, just.... a telex machine". The looks of disappointment never failed to make me smile inside. Another `not so sound, bite from the C in C?`

    ReplyDelete

It's virtual - it's a mirage - it's life